Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Smart reading on Smart books.

Am I the only one in this world without this fancy piece of gadget called the "Tablet" by some and "iPad" by others. I used to wonder because everywhere I go, I can spot people using this sleek, slim and stylish electronic device. I can tell you, people do look smart when they sit crosslegged on a public transport with this smart piece of an invention that is now taking the whole world like virus! (Its tablet mania now all over the world), touching it and sliding their finger over it like stealing some yummy whipping soft cream or icing from the cake with a finger (I feel like that when i see pople slide over thier iPads).



 Each and every friend of mine are talking about, hey! i bought a new iPad! or hey! I need to buy a tablet or the worst one Which tablet should i buy? like how am i supposed to know, i dont even have one. All i have is a Blackberry that dont even have a radio...Some blackberry it turned out to be! No live music, no live commentory ....nothing!!. When i bough the phone, i dint have the brains to ask the guy if it has a radio instead i was basking in the glory with my heart almost to my mouth about the fact that , I am the sole owner of a BLACKBERRY now...hmm...no point telling that now, is there? Plus i have not even taken a 3G on my phone or activated my BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) yet. He he..I know what you are thinking now (Why the hell are you using a Black Berry if you cannot misuse (i meant misuse, not use!) the BBM right? I know!! I guess i am quite out of the world)

One i have a wi-fi at home so why do i need internet on my BB plus i have internet at office too. When i bought my BB a year back i had zero friends who owned one. But now i have plenty of friends who own a BB and me, very stingy and too lazy to activate the messenger. To all my pending invitation on BBM, i will be coming live soon:-) (Another shocking factor also, neither do i have facebook on my BB, how cool is that...he hee he)

Ok enough of me! so we were talking about iPads and Tablets! Yeah??

Yes, so bottom line all are attracted and captivated to this 'must- have' piece of "electronic book". Well, it's not a bad thing, the world moves and we have to keep up with it. But another important factor that has come to my notice is that 'smartbook users' use this device smartly as a BOOK. Yup! you heard me right, mostly people use it to READ. So proud of the countless number of people who read on their smartbook or Tablet or iPads. This age-old, popular, common hobby people often refer to has still not died with the arrival of fb, t, Lin,youtube and very many other social platforms.

Three cheers to all of you who still have the habit of reading ;-)



And all thanks to Apple, Samsung, Microsoft etc who have been grately successful in giving the readers the absolute look and feel of an original, handheld, hardbound book. Even if its electronic, a single touch or slide can give you  the  real look and feel of turning the pages of an original book while reading. That is pretty cool.

So even if i do not own a Tablet i am happy that the whole world is keeping up with the latest trends and also making sure that old habits and hobbies dont go astray by giving it the much needed prominence amongst this gadget plethora era :-) Still my BB doesn't have a radio:-(

Cheers to all readers, BB people, iPad people and Tablet peeps.... Keep rocking:-)

P.S:  I am so happy that i spent my office time writing this:-)

10 comments:

  1. Annamey, As you have mentioned in this article "I am also going to buy a new smart phone soon. Which one should I buy?". A nice read anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehhe...nee dingolfica sudalficca medichal mathi:-P thanks eh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice read :D enikkum illa tablet. nee veshamikkanda! enikku BB polum illa! and what are trying to be...mother teresa...? by feeling happy for others and all! JK ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ....hehe...chummma.... JK?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ithu enne udheshichathanu, enne thanne udheshichathanu, enne maathram udheshichathanu!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. anname super... simple..but nice to read...

    vayichu thudagiyappol ethum gadget ariticle pole chavar akkumannanu vicharichathu... but it was different n coll...

    keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annammee.. Nice read..
    Don't be sad.. I don't even have a BB..
    At least, while we are sick, we can have a tablet, right?
    Coming to your article, I liked it very much. It's pretty simple. Even though you deviated from the topic for a while (talking about your BB), it wasn't boring at all. You have written in a way as if you are directly talking to me. I believe that it's important for a writer to have this quality.
    And, you ended up the article by again deviating from the topic (again complaining about your BB). It actually put a smile on my face :-).
    Nice dear.. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pree...neeyum oru kaaranamaanu ente article ezhuthaan..but nthin against u k...thnks for the inspiration:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stoppress aliyaaaa...thnku thnku...:-) nammal aa pazhaya range okke vittille...

    ReplyDelete
  10. athe anju u said it...enikku tablet ennu parayumbol marunnu aanu orma varane..heheh...anjumaaaaa...thnku thnku thnku:-)

    ReplyDelete