Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It is everywhere!


That’s right! You see it all around you, while travelling be it a bus, car or train, driving, walking, jogging, waiting, working, even while sleeping, the activities are endless…Hard to find the common factor that fits all of the above? One more clue…It is small, mostly black, has wires but also comes in wireless now and can be connected to your mobile phones (ring a bell?), Yes!!!  I was talking about the ultimate equipment everyone prefers nowadays to listen to music – “The earphones.”

Take a walk outside and you can witness the end number of people with this petite device glued to their ears. Music is hard to live without now and has become a vital source of entertainment, the most sought after hobby in resume's and one of the best ways to deviate your mind from something bad (trust me, it really helps). When you are feeling down and low listening to music can really cheer you up and take your mind away from stressed, troubled and awful thoughts. No wonder music became a source of medicine, the so-called Music Therapy.

This free, painless and relaxed therapy does make wonders to please your mind and put you at ease. Have you ever noticed this interesting phenomenon? When you are listening to some of your favorite tracks, you involuntarily close your eyes, picture things and immediately a slight, naughty smile will come on your face -I bet that smile has a lot of story to tell;-) it may be a face, a gesture, an instance, a word, a dialogue, a place, a name, a journey and many more, some of which are very private, personal and close to you and some ‘not-so-private’ ( I couldn’t find a better word, oops). Just like smile, every song and every tune will also have lot of stories to tell and may also remind you of someone or something (You are smiling now, I can see). Wondering how I find out? I do the same (he he)

So no matter how much your parents scold you for listening too much music or your grandparents for fearing that loud music can blast your ear drums, we always find shelter and peace in the soothing arms of music. It calms us just like the soothing wind ruffling your hair and giving you goose bumps while on the beach, park or a field (provided it is a melody, ghazal or light pop). If you are into hard rock and metal…hmm…(I am also a fan of hard rock and metal but at times when listening to it, I feel as if I am thrashing my boss or taking my rage on someone, to be frank).

I started with earphones and ended in music, guess the two are coupled and cannot be separated like lovers (that is such a lame line, and lovers can be separated under certain circumstances, who created this line anyway... hmmm? )

Anyways,  just a thought on music and how it makes me feel. Tell me your take on musicJ

8 comments:

  1. While working or writing, I can do it only by listening to music.


    Regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to study listening to music..:-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyday, I walk to my office, with my earphone glued to my ears and music on.

    Seriously, a morning walk with your favorite music is really great. It keeps you fresh and healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes!!! well said anjummaa:-) me too do the same...cheers to music

    ReplyDelete
  5. exjjatly like anjuma said...morning walk with music in your ears is the awesomest :) and even more awesome when i have trixi walking with me :P but well written annamme :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thnks hun....so you dont care about trixi eh...u listen to music and go your way and she goes the other way huh:-P....kidding :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. we sway together in the music of our love :D alright...that was a bit cheesy! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. okkay whatever you just said ryt now!!!!

    ReplyDelete