Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wish I would grow up soon....

Has this thought ever passed through your mind?

“How old should I become for others, not to obey me but at least to listen or may be even consider my opinion?” (I am sure this thought has passed through some of your minds in your little span of life) and especially if you are the youngest of the herd in your family then I will bet you for a hundred rupees that you have thought about the same.

Well, this similar thought happens to come by my mind, once every time my opinion gets rejected or my folks don’t give an ear to what I say. But everyone gets to smile or be proud of something, right…? Yes, I also get to be proud when my opinion for some reason or other (may be because they thought that it was practically right) gets to be the final decisionJ (may be not always but, Yes quite frequently)

But why can’t they just accept my opinion in the first place!!!  I have come up with a few points which I think may be the reason for my opinion not being considered:

ü  May be they think that 22 is not an average age to make decisions
ü  They might have felt that I have not seen the world enough, made more decisions or faced dramatic situations in life like them (to make more sense in malayalam “nammal kure onam undittilla” compared to them)
ü  Or is it because I act all hyper, lively, playful, crack jokes and make fun that they don’t consider me matured enough to make decisions?

Hmmm…. I think these may be quite a few of the reasons for which my opinion is given a moderate importance. 

What do you think? Do tell me if you have faced the same situation, (I don’t wanna think that I am the only one in this world who thinks about crazy stuff like this)

Share with me if you have also thought at some point of your life this very line, “I wish I would grow up soon” (so that they listen to me for once)

7 comments:

  1. mine is a different case... people considered me "weird" and they expected "weird" stuff from me as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. in that case you are lucky because people "expected" from you whatsoever it is....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have faced some situations where my opinions were not considered. But, at this age, I think my opinions are considered. Elders give me space to execute my opinions and thoughts. You are very playful kid, just like Eva Kutty. Grow up my baby ;)

    But, seriously I don't think anyone will ever say no to your opinions, if you are real serious about what you are talking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....i wish the same happen to me also when i grow up:-P but i am already grown, there is no more to grow:-(

    May be one more year and then i will finish growing up and people will heed what i say:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, I wish not to grow up...The innocence at childhood vanishes once we grew up. Children are loved by all :)


    Regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. KORRREEE indaayitund! but that was long ago...ipo most situationsil ente opinions okke karuthaarund! but there are times when i still have to ask permission and cant do things on my own or decide for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm...trueee.....lets just thing tht everything is for the best...,:-)

    ReplyDelete